fdg
dfghj
fghj

Discovering: Rome/Bologna





Sooo, this post here will showcase another short trip I took with my family to Bella Italia. We literally only spent less than 24h in each city but we still tried to make the best out of everything! It's been a while since I last visited Rome as a child. I was sure I'd forgotten all about the city but I'm glad I was able to fall in love all over again with the Italian capital. The narrow streets and roads weren't really an issue since they basically showed how the city's history was preserved. I tried to take in that Italian flare you can't really feel in Vienna, from the pebble stones to the high rising houses and apartment buildings.





Pillars at the Vatican




















View of Rome 













Now, Bologna was a different story. We walked around the citta centrale, where we were surrounded by 1 million different stores. Our time was quite short, so all we got done was a bit of shopping along with admiring the town's tallest towers. I asked my tour guides about the towers' history, but even they couldn't tell me more about them. Never rely on your younger cousins for tour guiding information.




This picture was taken in Bologna - the irony 















San Petronio Basilica




All in all we thouroughly enjoyed our compact but fun stay. Not only because I got to get out of town for a bit, but because I was able to spend time with la famiglia! 
Stay posted for a follow up post on all the new things I bought in Italy!

Comments