DIY Gladiator Sandals

Yes my friends, indeed I am a gladiator. No. Not the Roman kind, the Scandal kind. #Gladiatorsinsuits But this DIY is not related to one...

Yes my friends, indeed I am a gladiator. No. Not the Roman kind, the Scandal kind. #Gladiatorsinsuits

But this DIY is not related to one of my favourite TV shows, it actually has to do with the fashion those historical fighters used to rock. I searched in several different stores, both online and offline, but I couldn't find the perfect sandals. Either I was displeased with the design or I was very displeased with the price. So I figured I could try making my own gladiator sandals according to my expectations. See for yourself how they turned out!






Like them? Here's how I made them, first you'll need:

- a pair of sandals
- scissors to cut fabric
- two types of faux leather fabric; a thinner and thicker one.
- measuring tape or ruler
- super glue (or E600)
- stud eyelet
- fabric marker



> I cut two strips of the thinner fabric and one strip of the thicker fabric. Here are the measurements

  



> Then I attached all three strips to the back of the sandal with super-glue. The two longer strips were attached to the outside of the sandal and the thicker and shorter strip was attached in the middle.








> After that I attached the stud eyelet to the thicker strip. To connect the tiny pieces together you have to fold over a little flap of the strip. To prevent the inner part of the fabric from showing I glued it with a small layer of fabric. Here's what it looks like



> Let everything dry for 20-30 min. and you're good to go. Literally. Put them gladiators on and walk!











After playing around with the strips for a bit I cut off any left-over fabric and I was very pleased with the end result! 

Keep up to date with my blog as I continue to work on more re-designs and transformations! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

IG Snaps

MY LIFE IN PICTURES

bb