How to spruce up a boring desk

I am currently on mid-term break, which means I have plenty of free-time to update my blog. I have so many new ideas and projects for both ...

I am currently on mid-term break, which means I have plenty of free-time to update my blog. I have so many new ideas and projects for both my blog and YouTube channel and I hope I can post on a regular basis from now on. My last post was nearly five months ago and not being able to work on my page KILLED me. But exams are over (for now) and I’m working on my consistency.

To start off my first post of the year I wanted to share a few DIY things I’ve been working on for my room.



A clean and organized work-space is just what everyone needs to work efficiently, right? And what better way to start off your work than on a beautiful table? Thanks to Pinterest I was able to gather a ton of different ideas and these are the results of my obsessive pinning:

To give my desk a simple yet stylish touch I thought of having a subtle print as the bases. I used the front and backside of a wallpaper pattern I scored for only 5€ at my local hardware store.
I covered the print with a PVC sheet (also purchased from the hardware store).

Cutting the PVC sheet to fit my desk was really difficult since I didn’t have the proper cutting equipment. But with a lot of hand (and also footwork) I managed* to get the right size.


















*Correction: I sort of managed. The sides aren't quite smooth, but those are just details we mustn't pay attention to...






















To keep the PVC sheet from sliding off I screwed some screws (???) onto the desk. I’ve been using my “new” desk ever since and I’m in looove. 



Here's the before and after picture







The whole project only cost me 15€ and I’m pretty much happy with that, rather than the 30€ I would have spent for the glass plate I initially planned on buying.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

IG Snaps

MY LIFE IN PICTURES

bb