Scoubie meets Lacey

I made this necklace, or at least the bulky black n white part of it, out of a pair of old shoelaces using the scoubidou tech...





I made this necklace, or at least the bulky black n white part of it, out of a pair of old shoelaces using the scoubidou technique. 
(it sounds fancy doesn't it?) I remember braiding scoubidou bracelets when I was still in middle school. (They were so popular in what seems like a lifetime ago, mind you it was only 2005)


My sister and I would beg our mum every other week for a new supply of rubber strings to expand our collection of necklaces, bracelets and yes, unfortunately also ankle bracelets.. 



Nonetheless I enjoyed playing around with these little crafty strands of PVC tubes. 

Maybe they'll become popular again, you know, since they're retro and stuff.




The pictures below explain how I made the necklace in a more detailed manner.



Okay, so let's break it down








Do you remember any D.I.Y things you used to work on as a young dumpling?
Share your memories with me in the comment section :)  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

IG Snaps

MY LIFE IN PICTURES

bb